Your dentist will perform an all-encompassing dental examination at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and dental hygienist will cover the following:
- Investigation of diagnostic x-rays: Essential for detecting of decay, cancers, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help define tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any sign of oral cancer.
- Gum health analysis: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any sign of periodontal disease.
- Investigation of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Review the current conditions of fillings, crowns, and so on.
Other Cleaning & Prevention Services: